Re: [hylafax-users] Problems with a telephone line

Jorge Saraceno - Alicom Argentina wrote:
Hi Daniel,

The number is a local number and it is not the problem.
The problem is just the telephone line.

I don't have a good answer for you. I've also experienced issues where people have tried to send me faxes, and keep getting failures trying to connect with my faxserver (I'm using Multitech modems). I would have thought that a fax product from Diva or Multitech, especially given their price point, would have superior capabilities - including increased compatibility - compared with a cheap fax machine. But that sometimes appears not the case.

You might want to contact Diva technical support to see if there are some parameters you want to adjust in the modem setup file to make it more tolerant.

Also - have you tried moving the plugs to different ports? You did say you tried using the same wire - as in unplug from computer, plug into fax, and it works. But you mentioned you have an 8 port card - do all the ports work the same?
--
Daniel