[hylafax-users] [Fwd: Re: faxaddmodem hangs on Multitech 5634ZBA]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] faxaddmodem hangs on Multitech 5634ZBA
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:51:08 -0800
From: Kelly Clark <signbird2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lee Howard wrote:
Kelly Clark wrote:
When I try faxaddmodem, it hangs at probing device for best speed. I have a multitech serial modem working perfectly on the server, if that means anything.

Try HylaFAX+ 5.2.8 (http://hylafax.sourceforge.net), and if you have problems let me know.

Thanks,

Lee.

Lee,
Thanks for the link. I tried the .deb and got hung up with libldap2 dependencies. I have libldap-2.4-2 and several programs depending on it, and libldap2 has no installation candidate. I don't know how to get by that without breaking several other things on the server.
Thank you,
Kelly