Re: [hylafax-users] permission for files (directory : doneq and docq)

2009/2/22 David Forrest <drf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, gentil ecureuil wrote:

2009/2/21 David Forrest <drf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009, gentil ecureuil wrote:

 Hi,

I have a problem with permission for files (directory : doneq and docq)
I currently use 660.
I would like 664.

How to have for files permissions :  664?

Thank you
Anne

 Anne,
I added a root crontab like this:
5 * * * * /bin/chmod a+r /var/spool/hylafax/docq/* &> /dev/null

You might want to increase the frequency for your needs.  I'm small and
once an hour is OK for my needs.

Dave

Ok...
(in config.ttyxxx
RecvFileMode:           0664
LogFileMode:            0664
DeviceMode:             0664)
Not config file for this (doneq and docq)  :(

And for archive it's the same? with crontab and faxqclean?

Thank you
Anne

Anne, I thought faxqclean just moved files over to archive (mine are readable as moved).  But if you need different permissions, then, yes, a crontab would work.

I didn't want to mess about in the code of hylafax as it works well for me.  It didn't seem like much of an intrusion to just change permissions outside of the program.  I understand most would want some security for documents sent/received but my system is a single user system and I didn't need to hide my documents from others...  Your needs may vary...

Dave

--
David Forrest St. Louis, Missouri

I use a little server at home.
I didn't need to hide my documents from others...
I tested many web interface for hylafax with my server... (avantfax, movifax, hermesfree, nweb2fax... )

For example, for nweb2fax, I need to read   the files for doneq, docq and recvq with www user.

Your solution is good for me:
"I added a root crontab like this:
5 * * * * /bin/chmod a+r /var/spool/hylafax/docq/* &> /dev/null"
idem for doneq...

I would like archive the faxes sent since 1 month.
Doing this with crontab seems well.

For faxes received, I do not know how do.
I would like archive the faxes received and processed ...

Anne

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions