Re: [hylafax-users] Email to Fax Gateway on Etch problem

Lee Howard ha scritto:
> Mirko Grava wrote:
>> I want use a Brother MFC 8860DN to send mail with PDF or TIFF attachment
>> and after this send a fax in conjunction with postfix.
>
> How can you know to what number to send the fax?  Does the 8860DN have a
> scan-to-email feature that includes a fax number?  Or do you have to
> scan-to-email and enter in a whole e-mail address like
> "5551212@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"?
this device has a function that is called I-FAX but is not so standard I
think
Now I use the address book present to send mail to number@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The same thing in other device like CM2302nf and CPC 22C-M PCL5c.
In this case all mail have in header "Content-Disposition" that probably
is better :)

> I'd love to find some multifunction device that will scan-to-email and
> not require the "@fax.myhost.net" to be manually entered every time.
> (Whether the device simply appends that by default or whether it employs
> something akin to T.37, I don't care.)

Or you can use MTA to attach default domain :)