Re: [hylafax-users] How to perform mail-merge for a postscript document to fax?

Carlos, et. al.,

I developed a PostScript document template by creating it in OpenOffice and then printing it to a PostScript file. I then wrote a script (in our case PHP) to generate PostScript which "draws" the required information on top of the postscript template. We use this to generate customer invoices of which we fax about 1000-1500 daily. The specifics of how to accomplish this are going to vary a great deal based on this intended application. In our case, we had to write code to generate the postscript in such a way as to draw rows and columns with item details and price breakdowns. It took a lot of time and effort. The best place to start it by trying your hand at learning some PostScript language. From there you have to then figure out how to reliably generate the PostScript from a program. I have considered using the iText library to rewrite my application, but if it isn't broken, I don't want to fix it.

Deven Phillips, CISSP, CCNA

Carlos Lorenzo Matés wrote:
Hi Siri