Re: [hylafax-users] LSR Safety Check Engaged!

Davie Lynn wrote:
I'm using HylaFAX+ version 5.25 and  I have a MultiTech MULTIMODEM ZPX
INTERNAL V.92 ( MT5634ZPX-PCI-U ).

I've only had these modems installed for two days and for some reason, they
are wedging. When I check the cause of the wedging, it says, "LSR Safety
Check Engaged!"

Any guidance would be sorely appreciated.

This turns out to be a Linux kernel issue... I think. I'm not sure that it was ever entirely resolved, but you probably will get different behavior with a different kernel version.

You can google "LSR Safety Check Engaged" and get all sorts of hits and misinformation. Again, I'm not sure anyone really had a good grasp on what was going on and how to fix it, but this was something that was noised about with much greater frequency in the past for some period of time, and so I can't help think that this didn't happen so much with old kernels and probably isn't such an issue with new kernels, either... it's just that it was something that went wrong with kernels in-between somewhere.

Thanks,