[hylafax-users] share incoming faxes on samba

I am looking to allow windows users to access a samba share that holds the incoming faxes.  I am running into permissions problems though.  Here’s what’s happening:

The samba share looks like this in the smb.conf file:

[FaxIncoming]

    comment = Fax Incoming

    public = yes

    browseable = yes

    public = yes

    writable = yes

    readable = yes

    path = /var/spool/hylafax/incoming

    create mask = 0777

    directory mask = 0777

    force user = nobody

    force group = nogroup

When a fax is received, I have FaxDispatch set up to convert the file to a pdf and store it in /var/spool/hylafax/incoming.

Windows users can access the fax when I do a chown nobody:nogroup filename.pdf on the fax.  However, as long as the pdf belongs to uucp, the windows users can’t access it.

Any clues?

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions