Re: [hylafax-users] Error Correction

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM, James Smith <James.Smith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Suppose my next couple of questions would be this:-

Does anybody know if the usr sportster 56k model 0701 supports error correction?

Likely not in hardware (ie: if you use it in class2/2.0) , but if you use it in class1 then HylaFAX will do EC on its own, So basically HylaFAX can do EC with any modem supporting class1 (99.999% of the modems I know).

 The other question would be about the modem config.tty file In the config file none of the parameters have double quotes round them, but the example in the hylafax documentation does - do the quotes make any difference?

I think the quotes are only needed when the parameters contain white space.

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions