[hylafax-users] Help with Multitech MT9234ZBA-USB

	Hi All.

We are working with Multitech (Modem and Fax Boards) since mid 2005.

Beside the fax boards which were Multi-Tech MultiModemISI (4 and 8 ports).

We sold mainly Multitech MT5634ZBA-USB modems, because they have support
with stock linux kernel of the two main linux vendors (Red Hat e Novell).

In the beginning of 2008, those line of modem has been taken out of
production and replace with a new modem, Multitech MT9234ZBA-USB.

Even if, for the modem part, the modem share the same agere based
firmware, for the interface part they are drastically different.

No more ACM kernel module, which it is standard from early 2.4.x kernel
but a new Texas Instrument usb to serial converter interface that needs
a different kernel module, which has been introduced into 2.6.11 vanilla
kernel, but that is not 'enough' to have the multitech modem to work,
because the multitech modems need different firmwares and more
modification to the ti_usb kernel module.

Beside the fact that asking support to multitech, has demonstrated to be
a nightmare, I'm wondering if someone in the ML has any success in
configuring this particular modem.

At the time of writing, on the multitech ftp site, there is the 1.3.1
version of the ti_usb driver, but using that version proved not working
on sles10 sp2 linux machine, and I'm stick to use the old version which
was 1.2.1.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Davide