[hylafax-users] Problem while receiving faxes from hardware fax machine when behind a PBX

Hello Everybody,

I’m running an Hylafax server under Debian Linux.

Hylafax version is 1:01.03.00.99.svn.300-12  and Capi4hylafax version is 1:01.03.00.99.svn.300-12.

The modem used on this server is an RNIS Eicon Diva Server BRI-2M 2.0 PCI, the drivers are Diva4Linux_installer_8.5-108-106.

Of course I use capi4hylafax to use it with Hylafax.

The Hylafax server is connected to a direct RNIS line (no PBX).

In general, everything works fine, I can receive faxes and send faxes.

But sometimes, people from the outside cannot send me faxes. After some tests, I have determined that it only happens when their fax machine is behind a PBX.

When that problem happens, there’s nothing in hylafax or capi4hymafax logs, as if  no communication was detected.

On the other side, their fax machine displays the « no response » error and tries to re-send it again and again, but always fail.

Do you know what problem can it be and maybe an option or something else to solve this problem ?

Regards !

Matthieu Perineau

Sincères salutations.

Matthieu Perineau