Re: [hylafax-users] Scanner to fax resolution problem

Jonny Berthiaume wrote:

> As Aidan said ImageMagick "gobs" a lot of ressources. In my opinion,
> it has a big "impossible to satisfy" hunger for ressources. I didn't
> test it yet, but GraphicsMagick seems a good alternative to his little
> cousin ImageMagick. It might be your answer here, but as I didn't test
> it myself, I cannot guaranty it.

Thanks for the suggestion, Jonny. I looked at the GraphicsMagick home page,
and it seems to be a good alternative. I downloaded the source, but it
failed to compile on my Fedora 10 machine (can't remember the exact message,
sorry). I googled for the error message and it seems to be a bug in gcc,
which has been fixed in svn, but Fedora do not have it in their repository
yet, and it is beyond my capabilities to fix it manually. So I am afraid I
will have to abandon this approach for now. I may try again when Fedora have
a fixed gcc.

Thanks again - it does look interesting.

Frank