Re: [hylafax-users] Dialogic Diva V-4BRI

The build script checks if you have the kernel sources linked to /usr/src/linux.
As he could compile sucessfully, he has them available.

2009/1/5 A J Stiles <hylafax_resp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sunday 04 Jan 2009, Michele Della Marina wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Riccardo Magliocchetti
> I have followed the installation instructions step by step, but I have
> some problems.
>
> Configuration:
>
> - Dialogic Corporation 4BRI (rev 01)
> - OS: Debian Lenny - kernel 2.6.26-1-686
> - Dialogic Software: Diva4Linux_installer_9.0-108-38.bin
> (http://www.dialogic.com/products/tdm_boards/system_release_software/Diva_f
>or_Linux.htm?dl=1&regID=26907)

Did you compile your own kernel?  If not, then you will need at least a
linux-headers package corresponding to your installed kernel.  (type
uname -r
to find out what kernel you are running.)

You are almost always better off building anything from source yourself, than
trying to get someone else's pre-built binaries to install.  (The only
exception being your distribution's pre-compiled packages.)

--
AJS
(insert figure one before at sign if replying off-list)