Re: [hylafax-users] Some questions to Hylafax on Debian

Uwe Dippel ha scritto:
Thanks, Lee!

I think you misunderstood my question, which was very much
Debian-related. I had found that 'apt-get install hylafax ...' would
automagically flush by the configuration that I had to actuate
manually elsewhere, and hylafax was up and running on its own. Though
FaxMaster was not found in aliases.

Debian packages in a special manner, and maybe I ought to have posted
my question rather to Debian?

I simply noticed what I saw, and thought it could be of some help to
others who use Debian, and might find something likewise. I also
wanted to find out, if there is any dpkg-reconfigure that allows for
running hylafax as a receive-only installation, without me hacking the
(relatively large) script /etc/init.d/hylafax. Or a script somewhere
as a drop-in replacement? Nor did I like having to 'hack' Faxmaster
into /etc/aliases myself.

have you checked if there is something interesting in /etc/default/hylafax?

riccardo