From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mikhail Teterin
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 9:42 AM
To: Lee Howard
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Faxing via a calling card

Sent by Lee Howard:
>> I have written a simple program (in Tcl) that helps my parents call
>> people this way via a modem (it tells them, when to pick up the
>> handset). It, actually, is more convenient for them, than even a
>> regular phone would be even with straightforward dialing (redialing
>> is easier)... They now want to be able to fax the same way. Can this
>> be done without (substantial) changes to HylaFax' internals? Thanks,
> Yes, it can be done.  You'll want to use either dialrules or alter the

> ModemDialCmd ... use lots of commas to "sleep through".  It will take
> some trial-and-error work to get right, most likely.

But that would always apply the same card to all calls, whereas most of
them (the local ones) should be dialed directly, and even the
long-distance ones may, ideally, use different calling cards depending
on destination... The complex logic is hard (if not impossible) to
express in regular expressions alone...

In other words, I think, I'd be looking for a dial-out program... Can
HylaFax be configured to launch on and "inherit" the telephone
connection when the program exits?

Thanks! Yours,

    -mi

/dev/null