Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX not receiving faxes.

Dennis M. Linton wrote:
Ramon F. McDougall wrote:
Do you have a pci card modem installed on your system? Now that your system is up can you see any instances of faxgetty running? Did your version of Ubuntu come with HalaFAX already installed?
Any suggestions on how to get this beast running?

Kind Regards,

Ramon

Ramon;

I think I do but I do not use it. I stick with external modems - life is just better that way. I use an AOpen FM56EXV. I have two or three of them around here somewhere.

Yes, I can now see faxgetty running when I execute ps -A. Maybe faxgetty runs as user faxmaster so without this user, faxgetty cannot run.

Can you get your modem to work with any other apps - wdial, for example. I mention wvdial because its auto configuration script WILL find a serviceable modem if one exists on your system.

I think if I were you I would completely remove everything HylaFAX. Then I would get the modem working with something else - like wvdial. That way you know that the modem will work. Then, given all the wisdom collected through the trials and tribulations to date, set out to install and configure HylaFAX from scratch. There is something fundamentally wrong with your setup. Could be the missing faxmaster user. Could be who knows what.

Regards,
    Dennis

I agree with you. FaxMaster sounds important enough but I thought it started the daemons faxq and hfaxd which are both running. Well I have been thinking of removing Hylafax but I don't know how?

Kind Regards,

Ramon