[hylafax-users] hylafax as T.30 debugger?

Hi!

I currently have some problems when using T.38 over 2,5G data networks (EDGE). The setup is: Fax<-->ATA<--SIP+T.38-->GW<------>any PSTN fax

Decoding T.38 with wireshark did not showed me yet why faxing fails (sometimes it works, sometimes it fails during the handshake, sometimes it aborts after a few pages). Thus I want to go deeper and analyze the data the fax machines are really seeing.

Thus, my idea is to use Hylafax as the PSTN fax. Unfortunately I do not have real fax hardware, but will use a Digium card and Asterisk+Iaxmodem+Hylafax (via loopback). Now the question is - can I use Hylafax as T.30 debugger? Will it report the reason why some errors happen (e.g. timeouts ...). What part of the fax decoding will happen in iaxmodem and what will happen in hylafax? Maybe there is a tutorial you can point me to for low level fax debugging.

thanks
klaus