[hylafax-users] SalsaFax Bug: Blank lines in mial merge repeat ad infinitum

Well, almost ad infinitum.  I suspect this is both a combination of how Excel & Word mail/fax merges behave, but I also believe this is repairable on the script side in salsafax.pl.

What happens is, a user does a fax merge using a custom macro I picked off the archives in this list and cleaned up some.  It's a real simple one, just merge each document, one-by-one, and prints them to the salsafax printer I have setup on a few client workstations.

However, If their Excel data file contains blank lines, then Salsafax keeps submitting the document, using the fax numbers of the last successful fax, for each blank row of data.  The end result is 50 extra faxes to the same number as the last row of visible data in Excel.  Now the quick fix is just to instruct the user to delete any extra blank rows in Excel as a precaution, which I've done, but I also get a sense that Salsafax isn't handling this properly, and the variables may not be getting cleared.

My perl knowledge is very minimal, so I was wondering if someone might take a look at the attached salsafax.pl script and tell me if there's something I can do to have salsafax properly handle this case.  I've already made some minor modifications to the script on my own, mostly to addf options to pass to sendfax to set the max # of tries, max # of dials, and the kill time (configurable at the top of the document), so someone may also find this helpful.

Thanks!

Joshua Kinard
jkinard@xxxxxxxxxxx