[hylafax-users] Faxing via a calling card

Hello!

The long-distance calling in our locale is strange enough for the use of calling cards to be dramatically cheaper, than simply dialing 1-AREA-NUMBER.

Can HylaFax be configured to prefix dialing with calling cards? Unfortunately, these are somewhat involved, as they are geared towards (price-conscious) humans dialing. It has to go through something like:

  1. Dial 1-800-CALLING.
  2. Wait for voice response (or just sleep for a few seconds, as
     that's almost always sufficient).
  3. Press one for English.
  4. Dial the card number.
  5. Sleep through the robot reading out loud, how much money is left
     on the card.
  6. Dial the desired fax number.
  7. Sleep through the robot reading, how many minutes of talking the
     above-mentioned funds can buy for this number.
  8. Await connection and the remote fax' response.

I have written a simple program (in Tcl) that helps my parents call people this way via a modem (it tells them, when to pick up the handset). It, actually, is more convenient for them, than even a regular phone would be even with straightforward dialing (redialing is easier)... They now want to be able to fax the same way. Can this be done without (substantial) changes to HylaFax' internals? Thanks,

-mi