[hylafax-users] Adding a 3rd Capi Card / a 2nd Fritz!PCI

Hello List,

we plan to add another ISDN card to our Fax Server, the problem is that
this has to be done with minimal downtime so we need some advise if our
plan will work as intended.

Currently our fax system has two ISDN cards a FritzPCI and a B1 ISA both
have direct ISDN connections. The new card will be a 2nd Fritz!PCI and
it has to be connected via our PBX.

The problem is, that we need at least 2 more lines for receiving and
that as soon as possible ;). All we have here are Fritz!PCI cards,
anything else would need to be ordered, getting a 3rd ISDN line would
take weeks, this is why we are forced to use the PBX for the 3rd
connection.

Atm. we see no way to configure CAPI in a way that one Fritz!Card will
always show up as e.g. Controller 1 and the other as Controller 3. So we
plan to use them as Controller 1&2 and to hook them both up to our
regular ISDN lines. In turn our B1 will become Controller 3, be
connected to our PBX and be dedicated to sending only.

This is our current capi.conf:
> # card  file    proto   io    irq mem cardnr  options
> fcpci   -       -       -     -   -   1
> b1isa   b1.t4   DSS1    0x150 7   -   1

As far as we know there is need to modify it in any way.

This is our current config.faxCAPI:
> SpoolDir:        /var/spool/fax
> FaxRcvdCmd:      /var/www/fax_received.php
> SendFaxCmd:      /usr/bin/c2faxsend
> FaxReceiveUser:  fax
> FaxReceiveGroup: dialout
> RecvFileMode:    0660
>
> LogFile:         /var/log/hylafax.log
> LogTraceLevel:   4
> LogFileMode:     0600
>
> {
>   HylafaxDeviceName:  faxCAPI
>   RecvFileMode:       0600
>   FAXNumber:          ""
>   LocalIdentifier:    ""
>   MaxConcurrentRecvs: 2
>
>   OutgoingController: 2
>   OutgoingMSN:
>
>   SuppressMSN:        0
>   NumberPrefix:       0
>   UseISDNFaxService:  0
>   RingingDuration:    0
>
>   {
>     Controller:       1
>     AcceptSpeech:     1
>     UseDDI:           0
>     DDIOffset:        "12345"
>     DDILength:        3
>     IncomingDDIs:
>     IncomingMSNs:     ""
>     AcceptGlobalCall: 1
>   }
> }

As far as we know, all that we need to do, is to change
"OutgoingController" from 2 to 3, "MaxConcurrentRecvs" from 2 to 4, to
dupluicate the complete "Controller: 1" block and edit it so that one
will start with "Controller: 1" and the other with "Controller: 2". ...
and that should be all we need to change.

Will this work? Is there a better way to do it?

Thanks in advance, Tobi