Re: [hylafax-users] fax aliases

Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
Il giorno gio, 09/10/2008 alle 10.47 -0700, Enrique Arredondo ha
scritto:
Hi, Is there a way of creating aliases on Hylafax ? so that instead of entering the phone number I do the alias/name ?
[...]

If you want to change it because you like to have an identification
string instead of the phone number in hylafax report, try using option
"-i".

If this is because you don't want to lookup the phone number, then this
is a client issue. For sendfax I think you could use the now
unsupported .faxdb file, but I am unsure about this point.

Bye,
Giuseppe

What I need is a "phonebook" so that users can create/modify and then use the created entries so that sendfax recognizes them intead of using phone numbers. Is that possible with .faxdb ? Can you
show me an example on how to create that file If I wanted the following entry to be recognized by sendfax as a destination :

   mainfax | 7148500000
   dallasfax | 9560000000

How would you code these 2 entries on dialrules or .faxdb ?

Thanks