Re: [hylafax-users] Is this possible?

You can't.

Basically what you're asking for is the ability to answer the phone, then,
if you determine it's a fax call, hang it back up and let it ring some
more.  If you have a PBX, you can forward it to the FAX extension, but if
not, whatever (or whoever) picks up the phone has to either accept a FAX,
or accept voice.

What you can do (at best) is after you've picked up the phone, manually
force the FAX answer, and once it does that, hang up.