[hylafax-users] Waiting for Modem to Come Ready

Hi All

Iam currently running a Hylafax V4.4.4 server based on Ubuntu 8.04.1
Server with a Multitech serial modem.

Every now and then instead of answering the incomming call, the server
will ignore the call and eventually my backup fax machine will pickup the
incomming fax instead.

When I have come across this situation in the past, I haev managed to the
faxstat command at the time this happens it always says "Waiting for Modem
to Come Ready".

At the time this happens usually their sometimes has been a faxed received
a few seconds before and the server has finished receiving the previous
fax.

Is their anything I can alter to make modem get out of this state quicker
so it will answer the incomming call instead of it over flowing onto the
backup fax machine?

Thanks

Andrew