Re: [hylafax-users] Timeouts depending on disk drive!

Yes, I did notice that the copying of files is slow, at least opening
and closing. But, incidentally running on OpenBSD 4.2, dd results in >
5MB/sec here.
(In any case, even with 400kb/sec, I cannot fathom that it should time out.)

Now I tried to uninstall ('make uninstall') 5.2.7, and reinstall 4.4.3
from packages, but the uninstall of 5.2.7 had not removed dialtest and
typetest; for whatever reasons. That's on another page, though.

Now I get 'sendmail: unknown option -- u' respectively '-- d'; no clue
where this comes from. It doesn't show on the installs on which I have
not removed the 4.4.3-package and installed 5.2.7. I'll try to find
out where it comes from ...

Next, I moved /tmp/ to RAM disk, but it seems to be unused.

In my subsequent experiment, I will move the spool directory of
hylafax (var/spool/hylafax for me) to a RAM drive. The RAM drive has a
'dd'-speed of >75MB/sec, so opening and writing of files should be
almost instantaneously. If I still get the Timeouts, it must be some
condition unrelated with r/w in the spooler directory.

I'll keep you updated ... .

Uwe