Re: [hylafax-users] EICON PRI/T1 Hylafax issues

Hello,

if you have only 12 faxgetty running (by inittab)
so there will be only 12 FIFO.ttydsXX files.
The fifo is created by faxgetty process.

If you want those next 12 modems just for sending,
you have to run command "faxmodem ttydsXX" for each of those send-only modems.
Best way is to add these commands to hylafax startup script, just after "reset_faxgetty" function.
"faxmodem" will make faxq aware of those modems, and faxq will use them in planning actions.
see "faxmodem" manpage
However you'll have to create their config files etc/config.ttydsXX - best way is to copy it's content from
those config files created by faxaddmodem (those that already exist - etc/config.ttyds[01-12]

good starting configuration for EICON DIVA SERVER modem is described at
http://www.dialogic.com/support/helpweb/slnxen/hylafax.asp

Despite all the stuff above, i do not know if it is a good idea to use 12 modems in send-only fashion (without faxgetty).
COnsider this - you have ISDN line with 24 B-channels - if PBX routes incomming calls to any of those 24 channels,
if call gets to the channel that nas not faxgetty running on the modem - i do not know what happen.

I guess better way is to have faxgetty on all modems, so all modems can receive.
If you need some modem specially for receiving (and not sending) use "ModemReadyState: B" in it's config file (see hylafax-config manpage).
I guess there is no need to have some modem only for sending - outgoing faxes are queued and sent as soon as possible.
But incomming faxes only arrive at time specified by sender.

Hope this help

Tomas Novosad