[hylafax-users] Linux 2.6.26 Breaks USB Modem - Fixed

A few weeks ago I reported to the list that the new Linux kernel
version 2.6.26 has broken the USB modem.  The problem is now fixed
in the 2.6.27-rc6 version.  I tested this version myself and was able
to send faxes without any problems.  However, it would probably be a
good idea to wait for the final release of 2.6.27 before upgrading.

AFAIK, there was only one other trouble report related to USB modems
on the kernel mailing list, and this was unrelated to faxes.  Apparently,
not many Linux users have been affected by this issue, but, for the
record, it should be still made known to the HylaFAX list.

Frank Peters