Re: [hylafax-users] How can i use hylafax without phone service?

John Dell'Aera wrote:
I would like to use my fax machine to send faxes
directly to my pci fax modem without subscribing to phone service.
That is, I would like to connect my fax machine directly to the fax modem on my pc.
Is this possible and if so how do I set it up?

Only some modems support directly connecting like this without involving a phone line. If both the sending and receiving modems do support it, then you have to tell the sending modem to not bother listening for a dial tone (usually adding ATX3 somewhere) and you have to use "faxanswer" to tell faxgetty to answer when appropriate (because there will be no RING).

You probably will have a much easier time if you simply purchase a "phone line simulator" such as a Viking DLE-200B and connect both modems through it.

Thanks,