[hylafax-users] How can i use hylafax without phone service?

Hello.
I would like to start experimenting with HylaFax on Linux.
To save money, I would  like to use my fax machine to send faxes
directly to my pci fax modem without subscribing to phone service.
That is, I would like to connect my fax machine directly to the fax modem on my pc.
Is this possible and if so how do I set it up?

When I connected my fax machine directly to my fax modem (under windows xp with native fax dte)
and tried to send the fax I had the fax modem answer manually but the calls always timed out.
John

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions