Re: [hylafax-users] Here got 3 Sample log file that HylaFAx cannot fax out

FOO SOON LOKE wrote:
Question 1:
========
How to configure this ModemHardFlowCmd and
ModemSoftFlowCmd.  And then change ModemFlowControl between "rtscts" and
"xonxoff" in the config.ttyS0?

I don't really understand this question. Yes? Those configuration features are changed in the modem configuration file. I suppose in your case that could be config.ttyS0.

<<<In conf.ttyS0>>>
ModemHardFlowCmd  "???"
ModemSoftFlowCmd   "???"
ModemFlowControl  "???"

You will need to refer to the documentation for your modem on these.

Furthermore, I feel that it it's important for you to read (or at least understand) the hylafax-config man page:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/hylafax-config.php

How to change the " DTE-DCE flow control scheme [default]?" between "rtscts" and "xonxoff"?
Is it? You mean this "DTE-DCE flow control scheme [default]? *xonxoff" ?
*

No, I don't mean re-run faxaddmodem. I mean for you to modify the modem configuration file. (Please see/read that man page.)

Question 2
========
When the fax can't fax out , the Hylafax fax will attempt to fax again. So far I know default is 3 times retries.
In the configuration, where can I change the retry time interval? Is it possble I want to make it longer? [ I assume that the receiver modem is busy at the time interval that I send out]

Yes and yes. Again, please see the hylafax-config man page where all of this is discussed along with a lot of other things that you will likely want to know next.

Others case:
========
Lee Sir, Got good news. When the document cannot send out first time, I tried second time fax out [ test with the same number], it works. Unfortunely, the second times try I use a test.pdf instead of the original document that fail to fax. So, I cannot verify that it work for the original document.[ I will right back to you soon]. So far that I can tell you is the connection is ok...

This kind of problem (where one document will work to a destination but another won't) is indicative of a problem dealing with MMR data (actually, the EOFB signal in the MMR data) problems that was fixed in HylaFAX+ (and I'm not sure if/when that fix got into hylafax.org releases).

Thanks,