Re: [hylafax-users] Fax header on sent faxes? Howto?

Nicki,

Perhaps psmark can help in your situation like it did for ours.

We are 'watermarking' the inbound faxes and emailed PDF's with an (NTP synched) timestamp, regardless of the fax sender's date/time header.  Ours is a tiny stamp in the lower left corner.

Here's our command line in FAXRCVD for the PDF:
 $TIFF2PS -a3 $FILE | psmark -i - -o - -b 0 -x 10 -y 10 -s 7 "Received on: $(date)" | ps2pdf14 -dAutoRotatePages=/None - $FILE.pdf

Basically, TIFF2PS the fax, pipe it into PSMARK with your text/variables, then pipe that thru PS2PDF14.

Works like a charm for us.  As one might expect, it embeds the font in the pdf.  So a slight increase in pdf size should/will be evident.

One warning before you compile the psmark, I had to edit the psmark.c near line 100 and put quotations around some text.  I forget which line exactly.  I'm using 2.1.

Hope that helps.