Re: [hylafax-users] incoming fax call lasts forever

* Andrew <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx> [080826 02:57]:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to HylaFax, and am using the hylafax package (I believe v4.4)
> that comes with Debian Stable.
>
> I am able to receive a fax, however the call does not terminate (it
> basically sits there forever on a single page... 10-15 minutes+ before I
> get the sender to press cancel on the sending fax).  Once the sender
> presses cancel, the fax is stored in the queue (and no error messages in
> Syslog).   The sender is using a standard fax (and I have tried a few
> senders) - always the same problem.
>
> Other information: I am in Australia (not sure if that is relevant to
> modem settings).
>

> Any advice on where I should start troubleshooting?

Look at the logs in $SPOOL/log.  There is 1 log per fax session, and
they should contain details of the incoming session.  If there aren't
any details in it, alter the SessionLogging optoin for the per-device
config file:
	/var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.<device>

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103