Re: [hylafax-users] Configure Hylafax.

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Whelan, Gerard wrote:

Hi,

   I am completely new to Hylafax so forgive me if I don't provide all
the details necessary.  I need to set up a mail account that can recieve
faxes.  We are currently using sendmail as our mail server.  We are
running Hylafax on Solaris 9 (SPARC).    I have no idea how to get the
version of Hylafax we are using.  I have searched for the hylfax.alpha
file but found nothing.

Basically the set up we have is that pdf's are faxed to us on a certain
number and then they are forwarded to the email address
datafax@xxxxxxxxxxx  I need to be able to configure Hylafax to recieve
the faxes from a new number that we have to set up.  These faxes will be
coming from a different country.  So basically I need to set up a
Hylafax to recieve faxes from this number and forward them on to
datafax@xxxxxxxxxxx  Below is the directories where we have Hylafax set
up.  If you need anymore information please let me know.  Your help is
greatly appreciated.

/var/spool/fax/config

/opt/hylafax

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Gerard

Not knowing what kind of modem you have or much of anything else, I am guessing that you have a receive only, one POTS fax line setup.

If that is the case, it is similar to mine, although I do fax out also.
see how we set it up: http://maplepark.com/~drf/consults/FaxServer.php

David Forrest e-mail drf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Maple Park Development Corporation http://www.maplepark.com St. Louis, Missouri