Re: [hylafax-users] DTMF routing

Hello,

routing to eamils is done by faxrvd script, which includes "etc/FaxDispatch" file
FaxDispatch is used to set recepients of the email
simple FaxDIspatch can look like this

SENDTO=FaxMaster;                               # by default email to FaxMaster
FILETYPE=pdf;                                   # in PDF format
TEMPLATE=cz;
case "$RECVNUMBER" in
        *978)           SENDTO=user1@localhost;;
        *979)           SENDTO=user2@localhost;;
        *)              SENDTO=FaxMaster;;
esac

Problem is how to get the correct value into $RECVNUMBER

When fax is received by faxgetty, faxgetty executes bin/faxrcvd command (or wahtever is configured as FaxRcvdCmd in config file) giving him some parameters.
for FaxRcvdCmd config paremeter see man hylafax-config
for faxrcvd se man faxrcvd

one of these parameters is the destination phone number
on one of our systems the faxrcvd is called like this (this line is in session log in /var/spool/hylafax/log directory)
RECV FAX: bin/faxrcvd "recvq/fax000000041.tif" "ttyds01" "000000086" "" "0776993200;776993398" "0776993200;776993398"
the last "0776993200;776993398" is the calling and the called phone number
this values ara available in faxrcvd as $CALLID2, so if you do

case "$CALLID2" in
        *978)           SENDTO=user1@localhost;;
        *979)           SENDTO=user2@localhost;;
        *)              SENDTO=FaxMaster;;
esac

the faxes should be routed appropriately to called number

However the format of $CALLIDn variables can vary depending on modem

Some modems do not show calling and called phone numbers by default. To do so, you have to explicitly ask for it.
This ca be done by adding 'ModemResetCmds:         "AT#CID=15" ' to modem config file (etc/config.modem name)
This line says then whenever modem is initiated (virtualy every time it is used), it is set to present caller ID in a formated string.
Consult "AT#CID" modem command somewhere on the web.

Hope this helps
Have a nice day

Tomas Novosad