Re: [hylafax-users] Issue with FaxAccounting

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Deepak Sathya wrote:
>>
>> regd selinux - Dont think so
>>

> Why not?

Its not installed

>> 1. Have tried writing into a file
>> 2. database update
>> and one more thing is, it works fine when a regular shell script is used.
>>

> This testing doesn't entirely mean that faxgetty/faxsend will have
> permissions to run FaxAccounting.

But how come just the shell script runs fine and now it can call a
python script internally.
Have tested with file being owned by uucp. But the problem seems to be
pretty consistent.
My guess is the same too, I think its something to do with
permissions. But cant figure out the right thing.

>> btw - Using Ubuntu server edition 7.10
>
> What version of HylaFAX are you using?

HylaFAX+ 5.2.5 built from source. Other things are working fine. i.e
can send/receive fax
And xferfaxlog has all the entries.
If im correct, FaxAccounting only works with HylaFAX+ right? Thats why
we switched.