Re: [hylafax-users] how can I connect HylaFAX with remote postfix (was: Hylafax an Postfix anbinden)

Am Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2008 schrieb Bodo Meissner:
> Rico Hallbauer schrieb:
> | Hi,
>
> Hello Rico,
>
> this mailing list is in English, that's why I try to translate for the
> others.
>
> | ich habe einen Hylafax-Server und einen Mailserver (Postfix+CyrusIMAP)
>
> auf jeweils unterschiedlichen Suse10.1-Rechnern im Netzwerk.
>
> | Nun möchte ich den Hylafax an den Mailserver anbinden, sodass ich per
>
> eMail Faxe senden und empfangen kann.
>
> | Ich habe dazu zwar schon etliche Anleitungen gelesen, aber da wurde
>
> leider immer nur beschrieben, was zu tun ist, wenn Fax-und Mailserver
> auf ein und derselben Maschine installiert sind. Bei mir sind diese 2
> Server aber getrennt voneinander.
>
> translation:
> I have a Hylafax server and a mail server (Postfix+CyrusIMAP) on
> separate systems running Suse10.1. Now I want to connect Hylafax to the
> mail server to be able to send and receive faxes per e-mail.
> I have read some manuals/howtos but they describe only what to do if
> both servers run on the same machine. But here they are separate machines.
>
> | Spezifikationen:
> | Faxserver-IP 10.0.0.8 (Suse10.1; Hylafax)
> | Mailserver-IP 10.0.0.1(Suse10.1; Postfix+CyrusIMAP, inkl. LDAP)
> | Beide befinden sich in der Domaine firma.local
> |
> | Gibts für mein Szenario eine Anleitung:
> | 1. Wie ich Postfix vom Hylafax mitteilen soll?
> | 2. Wie der Faxversand/-Empfang per Mail mit 2 getrennten Servern zu
>
> konfigurieren ist?
>
> | 3. Wie ich die Faxnummer <-----> Mailadresse -Zuordnung konfigurieren
>
> muss?
>
> translation:
> Is there a tutorial for my scenario:
> 1. ??? (no translation, don't really understand this)
> 2. how to configure mail to fax and fax to mail with two separate servers?
> 3. how to configure fax number to mail address conversion?
>
> answer:
> There are different ways to communicate between these two machines.
>
> One possibility is to configure a mail server on the same machine as
> HylaFAX that uses your real mail server as a smarthost and configure
> your real mail server to send specific mails (faxes to be sent) to your
> HylaFAX server.
> Then you have mail and fax server on the same machine and can use the
> tutorials you already found.

...I think you have to configure 2 postfix:
one on the machine where the hylafax.server runs on...basically every *x
machine has a mail transfer agent running.
This MTA is configured to route the mails to the second server. this looks in
the postfix configuration file like

relayhost = your_mail_server

and  potentially:

smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes

Hope I understood your problem right. my german is not that good ;-)

Mx