[hylafax-users] how can I connect HylaFAX with remote postfix (was: Hylafax an Postfix anbinden)

Rico Hallbauer schrieb:
| Hi,

Hello Rico,

this mailing list is in English, that's why I try to translate for the
others.

| ich habe einen Hylafax-Server und einen Mailserver (Postfix+CyrusIMAP)
auf jeweils unterschiedlichen Suse10.1-Rechnern im Netzwerk.
| Nun möchte ich den Hylafax an den Mailserver anbinden, sodass ich per
eMail Faxe senden und empfangen kann.
| Ich habe dazu zwar schon etliche Anleitungen gelesen, aber da wurde
leider immer nur beschrieben, was zu tun ist, wenn Fax-und Mailserver
auf ein und derselben Maschine installiert sind. Bei mir sind diese 2
Server aber getrennt voneinander.

translation:
I have a Hylafax server and a mail server (Postfix+CyrusIMAP) on
separate systems running Suse10.1. Now I want to connect Hylafax to the
mail server to be able to send and receive faxes per e-mail.
I have read some manuals/howtos but they describe only what to do if
both servers run on the same machine. But here they are separate machines.

| Spezifikationen:
| Faxserver-IP 10.0.0.8 (Suse10.1; Hylafax)
| Mailserver-IP 10.0.0.1(Suse10.1; Postfix+CyrusIMAP, inkl. LDAP)
| Beide befinden sich in der Domaine firma.local
|
| Gibts für mein Szenario eine Anleitung:
| 1. Wie ich Postfix vom Hylafax mitteilen soll?
| 2. Wie der Faxversand/-Empfang per Mail mit 2 getrennten Servern zu
konfigurieren ist?
| 3. Wie ich die Faxnummer <-----> Mailadresse -Zuordnung konfigurieren
muss?

translation:
Is there a tutorial for my scenario:
1. ??? (no translation, don't really understand this)
2. how to configure mail to fax and fax to mail with two separate servers?
3. how to configure fax number to mail address conversion?

answer:
There are different ways to communicate between these two machines.

One possibility is to configure a mail server on the same machine as
HylaFAX that uses your real mail server as a smarthost and configure
your real mail server to send specific mails (faxes to be sent) to your
HylaFAX server.
Then you have mail and fax server on the same machine and can use the
tutorials you already found.

Or you can split the two parts:
Use the mail to fax part on your mail server and configure the script or
the sendfax program to send the job to your remote fax server.
Use port forwarding or a simple SMTP forwarder or a mail server with
smarthost configuration on your fax server to forward all mails (from
HylaFAX) to your real mail server. (no need to receive any remote mails
on the fax server)

| PS: Der Hylafax schickt bei einem Faxeingang immer eine Mail an root auf dem Faxserver. Hierfür habe ich eigentlich gar nichts konfiguriert (ist wohl standardmäßig so?!)!

translation:
Hylafax sends a mail to root on the fax server when a fax is received.

answer:
probably faxmaster = root

| In der /var/spool/fax/etc/users habe ich schonmal einen (LDAP)User
angegeben, der eine Mail bekommen soll... aber es fehlt hierfür
wahrscheinlich noch die korrekte Postfix-Anbindung?

translation:
In /var/spool/fax/etc/users I already have configured a LDAP user that
should receive a mail, but probably the correct postfix connection
(configuration?) is missing.