Re: [hylafax-users] question

Hylafax doesn’t interact directly with notes any more than it does with exchange, but it has out of the box functionality to deal with several linux mail servers. What you are probably looking for is the functionality of sending and receiving faxes via email in lotus notes.

To do this I would setup hylafax on its own server. Have the server run postfix (or sendmail or another email server) and set up the incoming faxes to be sent to the appropriate email addresses, and then have the mail server on the hylafax server send its mail directly to the Notes server. The Notes server would have to have smtp enabled but unless it is 6+ years old, then it is enabled by default.

This would include setting up email routing based on DID, CallerID and or TSI information, you can look at the documentation hylafax.sourceforge.org, www.hylafax.com and the archive of this list for more of that information.

For outgoing faxes, setup a Domain called “Fax Gateway” or somesuch that would forward the faxes to the hylafax server.

The users would address an email to “John Doe@1-555-555-1212@Fax Gateway” (easily populated in the address book) and then configure Hylafax to use the email address as the fax number. You can also setup Hylafax to create a coverpage with your companies logo, the name of the sender (“From” email address) and the name of the recipient (“To” email address)

If you are not comfortable jumping in that deep, im sure there are consultants that can help.

Good Luck,

-Siri Vias