Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax Outbound Fax does not count retries

Michael Brown wrote:
Hi All,
Here is our issue. I'm using Hylafax to send outbound fax. Everything works fine when the number it dials is a good number with a working fax machine. The issue we encounter is when the number is bad or busy, it does not increment the retry counter in the job file. After days of troubleshooting, it came down to this one thing we noticed.

In the job queue file, near the top we can see how many tries it's set for, how many it's done so far, etc.

ntries:0
ndials:0
totdials:0
maxdials:3
tottries:0
maxtries:3

But the hylafax server will dial the number over and over, it's not counting the retries. Here is an example of the modem log.

I'm not able to reproduce this, and I never recall having seen this before, either.

ntries:0
ndials:1
totdials:1
maxdials:12
tottries:0
maxtries:3

I would tend to believe that something is either severely faulty with your configuration (JobControl gone mad?) or the build/install is bad.

Thanks,