Re: [hylafax-users] Simultaneous faxing on Diva PRI E1-30

>However, I've noticed that faxes are being sent sequentially. That is,
>it has to wait for one modem to finish before sending the next fax. I
>am basing this on what I'm seeing from doing a tail -f on
>/var/log/messages as well as by running faxstat.

Are all of your faxes going to the same number? Hylafax is configured by
default to "pipeline" faxes to the same number, assuming that the
destination has just 1 fax line, and saving call setup and negotiation
time.

If this is the case, you could test it by sending to several different
numbers at the same time.

This behavior is configured by MaxConcurrentCalls and MaxBatchJobs.

MaxBatchJobs defaults to 64 and is the number of faxes (not pages) to
the same number that it will send sequentially in one call (if there are
that many faxes available)

MaxConcurrentCalls defaults to 1 and controls how many different calls
can be simultaneously sent to the same fax number. However, for the
server to make a second call to the number, you would have to have
enough faxes in the send queue to that number to exceed the MaxBatchJobs
threshold, and by default that's 64. Interestingly, if you have 64 faxes
waiting, then send another fax, it will go out immediately, because the
existing ones are already being accounted for as being in progress.

I don't know enough about your fax card to speak for its capabilities,
but I do know that they sell it with differing amounts of "ports" - i.e.
the ability to communicate on that many lines simultaneously. So if it's
a 2 port card, you can only send on two lines at once.

-Siri Vias