Re: [hylafax-users] Gnome client with modem selection

So, if I well understood, the idea is the following: an application printing to this "special printer" has to use a postscript driver, then has to pipe the ps file to the kde (gnome) dialog you suggest, get the fax number and modem to use from the user input, then invoke sendfax.
Hummmm .. It seems to me the right direction to move on. But how to create this "special printer" in CUPS? I have also to let this special printer use Apple12/640 ps driver.
Thanks for your good sugestions Aidan

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
* Giuliano David <g.david@xxxxxx> [080610 07:20]:
After many attempts to find a cups backend for hylafax with a traditional popup windows for gnome environment and also a modem selection, I still haven't success. Only with OpenOffice via sendfax command line.

The "cups backend" has the problem of the cups deamon or HylaFAX backend not having access to to the user's display.

Does anybody knows where to find something like that and available for every application? (with gfax you can't specify which modem your fax-server has to use)
Many thanks

I don't know of any, but I'm sure you could easily whip up a simple sendfax wrapper with {,g,k}dialog and sime simple shell...

I use the following:
	#!/bin/sh

	DIALOG()
	{
		kdialog --title "Send FAX to:" "$@"
	}

	NUM=$(DIALOG --inputbox "Phone number" "fax")
	if [ -n "$NUM" ]
	then
		OUTPUT=$(sendfax -n -d "$NUM" $*)
		DIALOG --msgbox "$OUTPUT"
	else
		DIALOG --error "No number entered"
	fi

Which I have set as a "special printer" in KDE:
	command: $HOME/bin/fax-dialog %in

a.

/Giuliano David/

   Virtual Link Sas