Re: [hylafax-users] Printing faxes:fax2ps or tiff2ps

We have solved A4 faxes printing with Canon 1760 and 3460 models by using Foomatic/pxlmono (recommended) driver for both of them and by printing via:

tiff2ps -a -w 12.5 -h 11.5 file.tif|lpr -Pprinter

3460 is faster than 1760 though.

Thanks,

Elena

Elena Benítez López escribió:
We have noticed that, when the received fax has more than one page, printer treats each page like a different job, so it takes quite a lot of time to have a, say, 5 pages fax, printed. Is it the expected behavior? We have this for the printing:

fax2ps file.tif|lpr -Pprinter

We found in the fax2ps man page that tiff2ps is faster.
Also, found a script in hylafax.org messages that uses tiff2ps instead of fax2ps.
But it looks that tiff2ps only works with one of our printers, Canon 3460, and sometimes only first page is printed. Do not know why?

We are confused. What do you recommend to us in order to improve the printing speed?

We work with A4 size pages.

Many thanks in advance,

Elena