Re: [hylafax-users] problems with e-mail/fax gateway on new setup using qmail

* Randy Ridley <rridley@xxxxxxx> [080514 18:12]:
> Well, I still cant' find any documentation on using 4.4.3 with qmail. I
> did, however, notice a line in the manpage for faxmail that stated that
> "When faxmail is invoked it delivers the formatted document directly to
> a HylaFAX server for transmission  as  facsimile."
>
> In looking at the mailfax script, I modified the faxmail line from:
>
> /usr/bin/faxmail | /usr/bin/sendfax \
>
> to:
>
> /usr/bin/faxmail \
>
> and now it seems to work. Has the function of faxmail now been changed
> so that sendfax is no longer needed in the mailfax script?

I'm not familiar with the "mailfax script", is that something from
HylaFAX distribution that we need to fix?

From the HylaFAX 4.4 release notes available here:
	http://git.hylafax.org/HylaFAX?a=blob;f=doc/RELEASENOTES-4.4.txt;hb=HYLAFAX-4_4-branch

  17 Upgrade to 4.4 from Previous releases
  19 Things to watch:

  24 * faxmail is now a direct-delivery HylaFAX client.  It no longer formats
  25   the entire e-mail into a single postscript document, but hands the
  26   documents to HylaFAX directly.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103