Re: [hylafax-users] Erratic DTMF / DID information

On May 8, 2008, at 3:56 PM, Lee Howard wrote:

Cannon, Greg wrote:

We have set up everything for fax routing based on inbound number called. The call goes through our Avaya IP Office PBX, The DID information is sent to the modem via DTMF and picked up by HylaFAX as callerID information and routed to the proper mailbox.

The problem is the callid0 value is right about 85% of the time. The other 15% of the time, instead of getting 4344, I am getting: 444, 34, 44, 434, 344 or 43. This doesn't appear to be effected by "<delay:100>" in the device's config file.

I know this is the Enterprise version of HylaFAX and I fully expect to contact the ifax guys with this, but first I wanted to run it through here in case someone has seen it before and knew it to be a modem firmware issue, a configuration issue in IP Office, timing or even could suggest ways to narrow it down.

Server version: HylaFAX Enterprise Version 2.4.3 (hylafax- enterprise 2.4.3-1rhel4)
OS: CentOS 4.6
Kernel: 2.6.9-67.0.7.ELSmp
Modem: RockForce Quatro+ board Rev 1.2

To the best of my knowledge there are no known cases where DTMF detection is failing at all on the RockForce QUATRO+ Rev. 1.2 fax boards.

We've seen this before, several times in fact and specifically with Mainpine boards. If I recall correctly our solution has been to tune the duration and intra-digit timing of the DTMF tones at the PBX level. This often causes digits to be doubled up (44334444) instead of lost, but not all digits were doubled all the time so there was some post-processing in FaxDispatch involved to get us back to 4 digits.

Right now it seems like you're losing digits ... the Avaya must be hitting on some built-in threshold in mainpine's DTMF detection. Hopefully you can tune the Avaya.

Hope that helps!

-d