[hylafax-users] What is a "wedged" condition?

I am considering the Multimodem ZPX. I have some questions in reference to this article:  http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2008-04/msg00109.php

"The ZPX, ISI, and external Multitech's will all experience 'wedging' from time to time. The ZPX has no mechanism for resetting the modem without power cycling the server. The ISI has a reset mechanism on 2.4 Kernels but not on 2.6 Kernels. The external modems will sometimes recover if you power cycle the modem but often require a server power cycle for the serial driver to recover (in our testing this is true for both the RS232 and USB external modems). "

1.) What is meant by a "wedged" condition and how can I tell if it is happening?

2.) How often can I expect this to happen? Does it happen after a certain number of faxes?

3.) Can I expect the ZPX modem to have less of a chance of encountering a "wedged" condition then my current Trendnet TFM-560X external RS232 modem?

Thanks!

-Mike