Re: [hylafax-users] No response to PPS repeated 3 times

Alex R [MaxoTel] wrote:
What I actually had was one faxserver for receiving faxes with Asterisk.

This was never a problem.

Never is a tall order. Are you certain of *never*?

Since you compare/contrast this first Asterisk system with another Asterisk system using HylaFAX+iaxmodem I assume, therefore, that the first system is using txfax/rxfax. Is that correct?

I tried sending faxes on another asterisk server, with hyla + iaxmodem, but
that failed.

Now I've bought a regular serial modem and using it directly with Hylafax,
and it seems to working well, except to fax to the asterisk server. I wonder
if it has anything to do with asterisk advertising that it works with
0ms/scanlines? Is that a valid value? Because the fax that works is 10ms or
40ms or something..

It doesn't likely have anything to do with scanline time.

I'm going to guess that the problem has something to do with Asterisk itself, the setup or configuration, or because VoIP is involved somehow, and you're using a VoIP channel to run the fax audio over.

Thanks,