[hylafax-users] "Stop and wait failure"

Hi !

I am new to HylaFAX. I have limited knowledge about Linux. I just setup a FAX Server runnging HylaFAX 4.4.4 with CentOS 3.9 on Celeron 433 MHz 128M RAM.

Modem : US Robotics Sportster Vi 28.8 Facmodem with Personal Voice Mail
ATI7
Configuration Profile...

Product type US/Canada External
Options V32bis,V.FC,V.34+
Fax Optiond Class 1/Class 2.0
Clock Freq 20.16MHz
Eprom 256k
Ram 32k

Supervisor date 10/13/95
DSP date 10/12/95

Supervisor rev 6.1.5
DSP rev 1.2.5

I have problem sending FAX. By simply "# sendfax -d 123456 /etc/passwd" I send a test FAX. The modem will try to dial, I can hear the "dial tone" from the headphone and then the CD indicator will just lit for 1 sec. I got the message "Stop and wait failure" from "faxstat".

The modem also cannot receive FAX. I suppose the AA indicator should be ON, but it only flash when somebody is calling.

When I setup the "config.ttyS0", I use the "usr-rts" as template.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Cheers ...