Re: [hylafax-users] Failure to receive silence (synchronization failure)

Alex R [MaxoTel] wrote:
I've had a number of people telling me that "VoIP" is the problem. Well, I'd
like to know exactly the specifics of what is the problem. "VoIP is the
problem" isn't really an answer that will help me to fix it.

Please read this:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/docs/fax-over-voip.pdf

... ask questions if it doesn't make sense.

Perhaps the Canon has a special ability to talk and listen at the same time?

It's not impossible, but it would be completely out-of-spec, and although I didn't analyze the audio at all, I highly doubt that's what's going on.

Thanks,