Re: [hylafax-users] Multitech MT5634ZPX-PCI-U OK?

I'm using the relative of that modem (the external RS232 version) with good success.

Karl Denninger (karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.denninger.net

David Forrest wrote:
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Steve Snyder wrote:

I'm in the market for a PCI fax-modem for use with Hylafax.  The
hylafax.org recommended hardware page cites Multitech modems as being
recommended.

Since I don't know how often the recommended-hardware page is updated,
I'll ask here: is Multitech model MT5634ZPX-PCI-U
(http://www.multitech.com/PRODUCTS/Families/MultiModemZPX/) suitable for
use with Hylafax?

Any incompatibilities or gotchas to watch out for when using this modem
with Hylafax on a Linux (RHEL 5.1) system?

Thanks.

That board is what I am using right now and I have no problems. If you get one, I'd be pleased to provide my config file but it is basically the one installed by the installation scripts provided (Hylafax+).

David Forrest e-mail drf @ maplepark.com Maple Park Development Corporation http://www.maplepark.com St. Louis, Missouri

%SPAMBLOCK-SYS: Matched [@hylafax.org], message ok