Re: [hylafax-users] Some questions about hylafax+ 5.2.3

Matej Obid wrote:

I have installed hylafax+ 5.2.3 on debian production machine (previously I have been using hylafax 4.3.1 for two days)...

I found that there are some things which are not the same as in previous version and I cannot find any answers to my questions by googling.

Where is /etc/default/hylafax script in which i have configured to start faxgetty? How can I do that otherwise?

In previous version i had to do all my configuration in /etc/hylafax/ directory then after restarting the server files were synchronized with /var/spool/hylafax directory? In which one should I put FaxDispatch?

It depends on the package that you installed.

The HylaFAX package that comes with Debian/Ubuntu is highly "Debian-ized". So /etc/default/hylafax is part of that.

The HylaFAX+ packages distributed at the Sourceforge site are more true to the default HylaFAX installations (from source) except that the installation paths may be in /usr instead of /usr/local.

So when dealing with HylaFAX packages that come with Debian/Ubuntu distribution you'll have to refer to documentation in the distribution. When dealing with HylaFAX+ packages that come from the Sourceforge site then the documentation at that site and most other traditional HylaFAX documentation applies.

So, in other words, faxgetty should normally be started from /etc/inittab. See:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/install.php#ss2.2

Thanks,