Re: [hylafax-users] question about number of iaxmodem instance

mark morreny wrote:
I am currently using Hylafax and iaxmodem with Asterisk. I want to know if I am going to have this setup running under a T1/E1 environment where there can be multiple faxes being sent/received at any single point in time, do I need to install multiple instances of iaxmodem? Or I just need two : one for sending and the other one for receiving?

You need one modem per simultaneous fax session (be it receive or send). So if you anticipate needing to be able to receive up to 20 simultaneous faxes, then you'll need 20 instances of iaxmodem running.

Thanks,