Re: [hylafax-users] MS Outlook as Hylafax client

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Fikret BADAKOL <fbadakol@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Sirs/Madams,
>
>  Although I' ve seen some light at the end of tunnel to accomplish sending
>  fax thru outlook as I surf on the Internet, I couldn' t have managed to do
>  that so far. In the end, I am not even sure if it can ever be done. So can
>  you please tell me if we can use Outlook somehow to act as a fax client?
>
>  E.g. I' d like to fax by emailing mycustomer@+1927746363@fax.mydomain

Where I work I use Outlook 2000 / 2003 and Mozilla Thunderbird to
send/receive faxes with hylafax. I have them send faxes using our
standard SMTP server (which is postfix) and they receive mail on IMAP
server (I use courier-imap.)

I don't think it would be easy to send emails the way you specified
customer@+1234@fax.domain ... I have it set up as  number@xxxxxxxxxx
and it all works fine. Though I guess for you it's more of a mail
configuration rather than something to do with hylafax.